Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus

Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus
St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori, ora pro nobis!

Visits to St. Joseph for Every Day of October

 



         OCTOBER DEVOTIONS

Visits to St. Joseph for Every Day

God, in the great love He bears us, and in His great desire to see us saved, amongst the many means of salvation with which He has provided us, has given us in particular that of devotion toward the saints. He wills that they, as His friends, should intercede for us, and by their merits and prayers obtain graces for us which we do not of ourselves deserve. But who is not aware that, after the divine Mother, St. Joseph is, of all the saints, the one who is the dearest to God; and that he has in consequence great power with Him, and can therefore obtain graces for his devout clients? Let us then frequently say:

St. Joseph, give me the greatest confidence in thy powerful intercession.

Prayer

My holy Patriarch, I rejoice at thy happiness and greatness in being made worthy to have power to command, with the authority of a father, Him Whom heaven and earth obey, and to make Him obey thee. My holy Patron, since a God has served thee, I too wish to enroll myself in thy service; I choose thee, after Mary, for my principal advocate and protector. I promise to honor thee every day by some special devotion, and each day I will place myself under thy protection. Through the sweet company of Jesus and Mary, which thou didst enjoy during life, protect me during my whole life, that I may never be separated from God by losing His grace. And through the assistance which Jesus and Mary gave thee at death, protect me at the hour of my death, that, dying in the company of thee, of Jesus and Mary, I may one day go to thank thee in paradise, and in thy company praise and love thy God to all eternity. Amen.

St. Joseph, Patron of the universal Church, protect us; and our Mother, Holy Church. And may we soon be blessed with a true Holy and Catholic pope.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment